These are some of my favorite memories in a long, long time. These photos capture smiles and laughs and energy and relaxing. And freedom. They were all taken on Memorial Day this year. A day that we remember those heroes who never made it home. Those heroes who helped make it possible for us to [...]
Early in the week there was a good chance of rain on our river-floating parade, but it held out and we had an absolutely gorgeous day. We started going up to the Elk River in Missouri several years ago, and it has remained one of our favorite summer weekend activities. I’ve lost count of the [...]
It’s been a week since Memorial Day weekend — and I’m all but getting hate mail over not having posted the photos yet. I’m lookin’ at you, Becky. And Keith… See, somehow our Memorial Day weekend got REALLY busy. And in my efforts to somehow pack the entire weekend into one big daddy blog post [...]
Around here we appreciate the classics. A few months ago we discovered a TV channel called Boomerang that replays old cartoons, and Colt immediately became a fan of Garfield, The Smurfs, and Scooby-Doo. Once he discovered Handy Smurf, The Smurfs were the clear favorite. But eventually Scooby-Doo floated to the top. It didn’t hurt that [...]
This week I was thrilled to guest post at Arkansas Women Bloggers and share the story of my sweet sister friend Tara and her precious boys. The theme was “women who inspire us” — and I was delighted Tara agreed to let me share. Read the full story over at Arkansas Women Bloggers by clicking [...]
- Happy Birthday, Buddy. June 18, 2013
- Chillin’ & Grillin’ June 11, 2013
- Triathlon Wisdom June 10, 2013
- Storytellin’ Mamas June 6, 2013
- More Love June 5, 2013
- Half-a-palooza: Part 2 of 3 April 18, 2013
- Half-a-palooza: Part 3 of 3 April 25, 2013
- Finding my voice March 18, 2013
- I still run April 2, 2013
- Little Rock and Roll March 7, 2012
- Mother Hood: I love me some Dixie Chicks. And that album is my ...
- Mother Hood: Lap swimming at Wilson Park??...
- Amanda C.: I think we should start swimming at lunchtime at W...
- Mother Hood: Me too, Rhonda. I kinda won't shut up about it....
- Mother Hood: I almost wasn't expecting that! But I am so glad ...