Conveniently, I don’t even have to explain it to you. The #icebucketchallenge. The origins of the challenge are incredible and moving… And the way it’s taken on cult status through the magic of social media is nothing short of mind-boggling. So when I was challenged yesterday — I had to make a choice. The challenge […]
Archive | working girl RSS feed for this section
You know those parents who hold off on naming a new baby until they meet him in the hospital? Typically, they have a few favorite names in mind, but they just need to see that little face to determine whether he’s a Jack or a Henry. That’s how I felt about 2014 and my goals […]
After a school party in Colt’s class and costume contest festivities at my office (HIGHLY competitive, especially in the group costume division. This is the same place that hired a real, live camel for Hump Day a few weeks ago — what do you expect?), we trick-or-treated with friends — Amanda, Justin and their kiddos […]
It’s tough to describe the culture at my office. To college kids at career fairs and candidates during the interview process, I describe it as ‘work hard, play hard’. Over the years that’s the best way I’ve been able to capture the spirit of this place — where stress and stakes are high, but we […]
While work is not a big topic around here, it isn’t because I don’t have a fun, fulfilling job with smart, quirky, supportive people. Because I do! And perhaps my favorite thing about my job is the ‘work hard, play hard’ spirit. We live it. A few weeks ago, I was able to join my […]
- Baby Blue Eyes Crying in the Rain | Our Country Music Summer September 14, 2014
- The Boys of Fall September 13, 2014
- He was here September 9, 2014
- Silver Dollar City | A Weekend Adventure September 8, 2014
- First Tailgate of the Season September 7, 2014
- 6 things you didn’t know about my favorite 6 year old June 18, 2014
- Glacier, Part 1 | Bridges, bears, & backcountry August 1, 2014
- FIRST Day August 18, 2014
- Take Me to the River June 22, 2014
- Glacier, Part 2 | This Moose be the Place August 3, 2014
- http://gpn.cc/index.php/triggers/521701: Many tvs, air-conditioners, slide out suites are a...
- Mother Hood: Exactly! It goes in "the file" :)...
- Mother Hood: I can only imagine the memories! How fun is that. ...
- Lori S: Every single summer growing up and then every sing...
- Doreen: Great picture...hope that wasn't a card you wante...