A few months ago, when our friend Keith declared he wanted to run the Warrior Dash this year, we were happy to join in. Add Becky to the mix and we’ve got a team. Then add our respective entourages and we have a party! So last weekend we loaded up and headed for Oklahoma — [...]
Archive | who knew I could run? RSS feed for this section
I didn’t go looking for Half-a-palooza. IT found ME. Bentonville Half and Hogeye were only a week apart this year — and I couldn’t NOT run races like that so close to home, right? Then my enabler friend Amanda, always chasing one more state for her marathon list and having recently qualified for Boston, convinced [...]
They say running is the ultimate solitary sport. Lonely, even. But I have found it to be anything but. Believe it or not, I’m still relatively new to the running community. I ran my first mile less than three years ago, and I’ve still got plenty of no-way-like-the-hard-way lessons ahead of me, I’m sure. But [...]
You may remember some nonsense from a week ago about my running a half marathon in a few weeks. I was (mostly) whining about running, not running, then running some more. So naturally, I decided to do this. Last Saturday. What was that quote I posted? The results you didn’t get with the work you [...]
Four days after I didn’t run a sub-5 hour marathon, my adrenaline and my stubbornness teamed up to get the better of me and I registered for another full. I knew I had 5 hours in me. I still do. But, I had barely caught my breath after the Cowtown and I thought I was [...]
- Happy Birthday, Buddy. June 18, 2013
- Chillin’ & Grillin’ June 11, 2013
- Triathlon Wisdom June 10, 2013
- Storytellin’ Mamas June 6, 2013
- More Love June 5, 2013
- Half-a-palooza: Part 2 of 3 April 18, 2013
- Half-a-palooza: Part 3 of 3 April 25, 2013
- Finding my voice March 18, 2013
- I still run April 2, 2013
- Little Rock and Roll March 7, 2012
- Mother Hood: I love me some Dixie Chicks. And that album is my ...
- Mother Hood: Lap swimming at Wilson Park??...
- Amanda C.: I think we should start swimming at lunchtime at W...
- Mother Hood: Me too, Rhonda. I kinda won't shut up about it....
- Mother Hood: I almost wasn't expecting that! But I am so glad ...