At 19, I got my passport. And by that point, I’d visited 20ish of 50 states. Heck, I’d LIVED IN four of them! I doubt it was intentional, but my parents raised children with varying levels of wanderlust — and I’m no exception. I genuinely want to see the world, and I’m always looking for [...]
Archive | travel RSS feed for this section
If you haven’t read Part 1, start HERE. When we left off, Jeff and I (and Dave, Cathy, and Jerry) had just drifted off to sleep at Phantom Ranch in the bottom of Grand Canyon. | DAY 3 | The next morning we awoke to the sound of Bright Angel Creek, and were delighted to [...]
After a fantastic experience the summer before and a ringing endorsement from our friend Henry, our Summer 2012 trip was an easy decision. We made plans to hike Grand Canyon rim-to-rim with Four Season Guides. After meeting Pop and Ninny in Little Rock to deliver The Boy for a week of Grandparent Summer Camp, we [...]
We’re home! We made it to the bottom of Grand Canyon AND BACK – and we have over FOUR HUNDRED photos to show for it. I will be spending the next several days sorting through them and trying my best to capture such an incredible trip in words for y’all. Seriously. 400. And video. In [...]
When we took our first hiking trip together two years ago, I don’t think we had any idea how much we would really, truly enjoy it. We did it again last year and it’s now officially a thing. An annual break from the rat race. Not a physically relaxing break, necessarily, but a much-needed brain [...]
- Happy Birthday, Buddy. June 18, 2013
- Chillin’ & Grillin’ June 11, 2013
- Triathlon Wisdom June 10, 2013
- Storytellin’ Mamas June 6, 2013
- More Love June 5, 2013
- Half-a-palooza: Part 2 of 3 April 18, 2013
- Half-a-palooza: Part 3 of 3 April 25, 2013
- Finding my voice March 18, 2013
- I still run April 2, 2013
- Little Rock and Roll March 7, 2012
- Mother Hood: I love me some Dixie Chicks. And that album is my ...
- Mother Hood: Lap swimming at Wilson Park??...
- Amanda C.: I think we should start swimming at lunchtime at W...
- Mother Hood: Me too, Rhonda. I kinda won't shut up about it....
- Mother Hood: I almost wasn't expecting that! But I am so glad ...