I know! I said I wasn't doing anymore 5Ks for a while… Getting ready for the half marathon… Longer runs on the weekends… I know! But some friends were talking about running a local 5K on Veterans Day weekend that would benefit the Fayetteville National Cemetery, and I couldn't say no. The atmosphere for the […]
Archive | Tom RSS feed for this section
I kinda hate the phrase 'Time heals all wounds'. It suggests that the mere passing of time will help you get past any amount of pain or grief, that marking days off a calendar will somehow help you feel better. I just don't buy it. What terrible advice to give a grieving friend. "Just hang […]
Chances are you've never heard of Chris Kirstein. And until a few weeks ago I hadn't either. I woke to my alarm on a chilly Sunday morning, still pretty sore from running the day before, and I had to give myself a pep talk just to get out of bed. Surely it would be ok […]
I couldn't help but overhear. We were out for supper this weekend and two tables directly behind us struck up a conversation with each other. After a few minutes of listening in, I stole a glance over my shoulder and the scene was exactly as I had pictured. Two older couples, probably in their 70s, […]
It means more than a day off of work, and a weekend at the lake. It means more than enjoying a beer while hosting the first real BBQ of the season. It's more than the unofficial kick start to summer. And it's one of the most important days we Americans could possibly observe. Memorial Day […]
- Baby Blue Eyes Crying in the Rain | Our Country Music Summer September 14, 2014
- The Boys of Fall September 13, 2014
- He was here September 9, 2014
- Silver Dollar City | A Weekend Adventure September 8, 2014
- First Tailgate of the Season September 7, 2014
- 6 things you didn’t know about my favorite 6 year old June 18, 2014
- Glacier, Part 1 | Bridges, bears, & backcountry August 1, 2014
- FIRST Day August 18, 2014
- Take Me to the River June 22, 2014
- Glacier, Part 2 | This Moose be the Place August 3, 2014
- http://gpn.cc/index.php/triggers/521701: Many tvs, air-conditioners, slide out suites are a...
- Mother Hood: Exactly! It goes in "the file" :)...
- Mother Hood: I can only imagine the memories! How fun is that. ...
- Lori S: Every single summer growing up and then every sing...
- Doreen: Great picture...hope that wasn't a card you wante...