I know! I said I wasn't doing anymore 5Ks for a while… Getting ready for the half marathon… Longer runs on the weekends… I know! But some friends were talking about running a local 5K on Veterans Day weekend that would benefit the Fayetteville National Cemetery, and I couldn't say no. The atmosphere for the [...]
Archive | Tom RSS feed for this section
I kinda hate the phrase 'Time heals all wounds'. It suggests that the mere passing of time will help you get past any amount of pain or grief, that marking days off a calendar will somehow help you feel better. I just don't buy it. What terrible advice to give a grieving friend. "Just hang [...]
Chances are you've never heard of Chris Kirstein. And until a few weeks ago I hadn't either. I woke to my alarm on a chilly Sunday morning, still pretty sore from running the day before, and I had to give myself a pep talk just to get out of bed. Surely it would be ok [...]
I couldn't help but overhear. We were out for supper this weekend and two tables directly behind us struck up a conversation with each other. After a few minutes of listening in, I stole a glance over my shoulder and the scene was exactly as I had pictured. Two older couples, probably in their 70s, [...]
It means more than a day off of work, and a weekend at the lake. It means more than enjoying a beer while hosting the first real BBQ of the season. It's more than the unofficial kick start to summer. And it's one of the most important days we Americans could possibly observe. Memorial Day [...]
- Giveaway WINNER! + Favorites-from-the-Archives Friday May 17, 2013
- The sights and sounds of Mother’s Day May 16, 2013
- GIVEAWAY: Listen to Your Mother tickets! May 13, 2013
- An oldie but a goodie May 10, 2013
- Hold your horses, Tooth Fairy. May 8, 2013
- Half-a-palooza: Part 2 of 3 April 18, 2013
- Half-a-palooza: Part 3 of 3 April 25, 2013
- Finding my voice March 18, 2013
- I still run April 2, 2013
- Little Rock and Roll March 7, 2012
- %anchor_text%: This paragraph offers clear idea in favor of the n...
- Autumn Parker: I am so excited! Thanks, Sarah. I'm so looking ...
- Amanda C.: Sine I've only followed your blog for a little wh...
- Baby Wireless Video Monitor: Hello friends, its enormous paragraph on the topic...
- http://www.yoursite.com/: Hmm it looks like your site ate my first comment ...