Almost ten years ago my friend Autumn invited me to a Taste of Home Cooking School event. I went for purely social reasons, of course, as I lived by myself and had neither the inclination nor the motivation to cook anything beyond microwave popcorn or Hamburger Helper. I kept the cookbook from that night and [...]
Archive | Randomness RSS feed for this section
Maybe I'll squeeze out some blogging by the end of the week. We're on summer hours around here.
We DID celebrate Mother's Day around here. And my whole family was in town. And I have MANY photos and stories of our weekend to share. Tomorrow. Tonight, I am going to bed. But not before I post a little consolation prize for you. "Buddy, stand beside it so people don't think we got this [...]
Scene in doctor's office waiting room yesterday – SARAH is mindlessly flipping through a magazine and minding her own business. The magazine happens to have a photo of the recent royal wedding on the cover. Of course it does. STRANGER is sitting a few feet away, wrangling a boy SARAH assumes to be STRANGER'S GRANDSON. [...]
I've been quiet this week. Well, the blog has been quiet this week. And not for lack of things going on around here, believe you me — it's been a wild few weeks. But I think I've been on overload and not able to get anything filtered through my fingers and onto the keyboard in [...]
- Happy Birthday, Buddy. June 18, 2013
- Chillin’ & Grillin’ June 11, 2013
- Triathlon Wisdom June 10, 2013
- Storytellin’ Mamas June 6, 2013
- More Love June 5, 2013
- Half-a-palooza: Part 2 of 3 April 18, 2013
- Half-a-palooza: Part 3 of 3 April 25, 2013
- Finding my voice March 18, 2013
- I still run April 2, 2013
- Little Rock and Roll March 7, 2012
- Mother Hood: I love me some Dixie Chicks. And that album is my ...
- Mother Hood: Lap swimming at Wilson Park??...
- Amanda C.: I think we should start swimming at lunchtime at W...
- Mother Hood: Me too, Rhonda. I kinda won't shut up about it....
- Mother Hood: I almost wasn't expecting that! But I am so glad ...