On my way in to work this morning I was listening to an old favorite — The Dixie Chicks. Specifically, the Home album. And because I’m a nerdy, wordy sap — these ‘More Love’ lyrics made me cry. We’re afraid to be idle So we fill up the days We run on the treadmill Keep [...]
Archive | random musings RSS feed for this section
This week I was thrilled to guest post at Arkansas Women Bloggers and share the story of my sweet sister friend Tara and her precious boys. The theme was “women who inspire us” — and I was delighted Tara agreed to let me share. Read the full story over at Arkansas Women Bloggers by clicking [...]
I got married in the fall. And there’s nothing you can do to convince me otherwise. Trust me, Jeff’s been trying for almost seven years. As far as I’m concerned the actual, official first day of fall can land on September 22nd for the next hundred years. I don’t care. I got married on September [...]
Happy, glorious Friday! Thanks to all who entered the giveaway and helped spread the word of what is sure to be a fun show in a few weeks. And a big congratulations to Miss AUTUMN PARKER — the winner of two tickets to a SOLD OUT Listen to Your Mother Show right here in Northwest [...]
Ya know how clothing stores often design one shirt then offer it in multiple colors? Black, white, some sort of neutral brown, then a range of colors — red, pink, blue, maybe purple or green? Well. I’ve spent the last 15 some odd years shopping on auto-pilot, buying black if it was an option, moving [...]
- Happy Birthday, Buddy. June 18, 2013
- Chillin’ & Grillin’ June 11, 2013
- Triathlon Wisdom June 10, 2013
- Storytellin’ Mamas June 6, 2013
- More Love June 5, 2013
- Half-a-palooza: Part 2 of 3 April 18, 2013
- Half-a-palooza: Part 3 of 3 April 25, 2013
- Finding my voice March 18, 2013
- I still run April 2, 2013
- Little Rock and Roll March 7, 2012
- Mother Hood: I love me some Dixie Chicks. And that album is my ...
- Mother Hood: Lap swimming at Wilson Park??...
- Amanda C.: I think we should start swimming at lunchtime at W...
- Mother Hood: Me too, Rhonda. I kinda won't shut up about it....
- Mother Hood: I almost wasn't expecting that! But I am so glad ...