Around here we appreciate the classics. A few months ago we discovered a TV channel called Boomerang that replays old cartoons, and Colt immediately became a fan of Garfield, The Smurfs, and Scooby-Doo. Once he discovered Handy Smurf, The Smurfs were the clear favorite. But eventually Scooby-Doo floated to the top. It didn’t hurt that [...]
Archive | fayetteville livin’ RSS feed for this section
It’s coming! It’s coming! The NWA Listen to Your Mother show will be here before you know it. And it’s officially SOLD OUT. But you’ve come to the right place — I’ve got two tickets to give away! If you’ve managed to miss all of the recent excitement — here’s a crash course in LTYM: [...]
When Kim, editor-in-chief of Peekaboo NWA, asked us to be part of the Mother’s Day issue this year, I knew it would be fun. As the plan unfolded, it meant a trip to 3 Monkeys to try on clothes, a photo shoot with the lovely and talented Kim Ginn of Sweet Portrayal Photography, and I [...]
They say running is the ultimate solitary sport. Lonely, even. But I have found it to be anything but. Believe it or not, I’m still relatively new to the running community. I ran my first mile less than three years ago, and I’ve still got plenty of no-way-like-the-hard-way lessons ahead of me, I’m sure. But [...]
Saying things like “we never have plans on the weekend” is like boasting about “never getting sick” during flu season. Knock on wood all you want, but the universe wants you to be wrong. Honestly. We never have plans. A few times a month we have something – dinner plans or a work trip or [...]
- Happy Birthday, Buddy. June 18, 2013
- Chillin’ & Grillin’ June 11, 2013
- Triathlon Wisdom June 10, 2013
- Storytellin’ Mamas June 6, 2013
- More Love June 5, 2013
- Half-a-palooza: Part 2 of 3 April 18, 2013
- Half-a-palooza: Part 3 of 3 April 25, 2013
- Finding my voice March 18, 2013
- I still run April 2, 2013
- Little Rock and Roll March 7, 2012
- Mother Hood: I love me some Dixie Chicks. And that album is my ...
- Mother Hood: Lap swimming at Wilson Park??...
- Amanda C.: I think we should start swimming at lunchtime at W...
- Mother Hood: Me too, Rhonda. I kinda won't shut up about it....
- Mother Hood: I almost wasn't expecting that! But I am so glad ...