I don't remember being two years old. I don't remember the frustration or the disappointment that comes with being no longer a baby but not yet a big kid. It's really no wonder two year olds seem to have such a short fuse or a finicky attitude sometimes – what with all the new sounds [...]
Archive | Daycare RSS feed for this section
Dear Colt, Your Paw and I attended a Parent/Teacher Conference last week. Surprisingly, it wasn't our first one and you're only two. They gave us a few samples of your artwork and let us know how you're doing in class. Your teacher told us that you love to play with the trucks and Legos, and [...]
We have a love-hate relationship with the rules at daycare. Jeff and I are both, generally, rule-followers. And we chose our daycare after careful consideration of the facilities, the atmosphere, and the policies. So we knew going in. We knew about the inclement weather policy and the biting policy and the rules about fever and [...]
Colt's birthday fell on Father's Day weekend again this year – as I suspect it will most years. Which is FINE with me. It makes for a fun weekend filled with my favorite boys. On a whim, I sent a camera to school with Colt on Friday in case they did any fun birthday stuff. I honestly [...]
By this time last week, I'd already been vomited on. More than once. And the week didn't improve much from there. First, you should probably understand that Winter Weather in Northwest Arkansas takes on a life of its own. One minute the Weatherman is predicting a chance of winter precipitation and the next thing you know we're expecting 2-4" [...]
- Happy Birthday, Buddy. June 18, 2013
- Chillin’ & Grillin’ June 11, 2013
- Triathlon Wisdom June 10, 2013
- Storytellin’ Mamas June 6, 2013
- More Love June 5, 2013
- Half-a-palooza: Part 2 of 3 April 18, 2013
- Half-a-palooza: Part 3 of 3 April 25, 2013
- Finding my voice March 18, 2013
- I still run April 2, 2013
- Little Rock and Roll March 7, 2012
- Mother Hood: I love me some Dixie Chicks. And that album is my ...
- Mother Hood: Lap swimming at Wilson Park??...
- Amanda C.: I think we should start swimming at lunchtime at W...
- Mother Hood: Me too, Rhonda. I kinda won't shut up about it....
- Mother Hood: I almost wasn't expecting that! But I am so glad ...