We had the following conversation while getting ready for bed Wednesday night – Colt: What's tomorrow, Mommy?Me: Thursday, buddy.Colt: And we don't have school?Me: Nope.Colt: So I can wear my jammies ALL DAY? And we did, mostly. But Colt couldn't resist the urge to spice things up a bit.
Archive | Colt RSS feed for this section
Monday afternoon on the way home from school. "Mommy, Santa needs to bring Chip something for Christmas. He needs some doggy toys." Sure, he may technically belong to my parents and live with my Dad in San Antonio, but just try convincing that little boy Chip isn't HIS dog. He just removes the complexity of […]
The Christmas momentum continues to build around here and I wish Colt could be 3 1/2 for the holidays every single year. His questions about baby Jesus are precious, his excitement and adoration for Santa Claus are heartwarming, and his impatience to get the heck to his grandparents' houses this week is something we all […]
Maybe it's the hangover from the emotionally draining fall months or being busy as heck at work or the warmish weather or all the focus I was putting on getting ready for my race last weekend — but I haven't felt much Christmas spirit this year. I read Facebook accounts of Black Friday shopping and […]
Conversation while mixing pumpkin muffin batter tonight: Colt: (Pointing into the bowl.) What's that Mommy?Me: It's what you get when you squeeze a pumpkin.Colt: *confused look*Me: You know what a tomato is, right? Colt: Uh huh.Me: Do you know what you get when you squeeze a tomato?Colt: *pause*Me: Ketchup! And when you squeeze a pumpkin, […]
- Baby Blue Eyes Crying in the Rain | Our Country Music Summer September 14, 2014
- The Boys of Fall September 13, 2014
- He was here September 9, 2014
- Silver Dollar City | A Weekend Adventure September 8, 2014
- First Tailgate of the Season September 7, 2014
- 6 things you didn’t know about my favorite 6 year old June 18, 2014
- Glacier, Part 1 | Bridges, bears, & backcountry August 1, 2014
- FIRST Day August 18, 2014
- Take Me to the River June 22, 2014
- Glacier, Part 2 | This Moose be the Place August 3, 2014
- http://gpn.cc/index.php/triggers/521701: Many tvs, air-conditioners, slide out suites are a...
- Mother Hood: Exactly! It goes in "the file" :)...
- Mother Hood: I can only imagine the memories! How fun is that. ...
- Lori S: Every single summer growing up and then every sing...
- Doreen: Great picture...hope that wasn't a card you wante...