Conveniently, I don’t even have to explain it to you. The #icebucketchallenge. The origins of the challenge are incredible and moving… And the way it’s taken on cult status through the magic of social media is nothing short of mind-boggling. So when I was challenged yesterday — I had to make a choice. The challenge […]
Archive | who knew I could run? RSS feed for this section
My love/hate relationship with the Hogeye Marathon continues. We go way back, me and the Hogeye. Well, not WAY back, but far enough. The Hogeye gave me a nothing-if-not-memorable first marathon experience in 2012, rounded out Half-a-palooza in 2013, and 2014 came on the heels of Angry Feet. Where everybody knows your name This was […]
I was waiting for confirmation before I mentioned it, and I got the phone call this week. Diagnosis: Angry Feet. After a marathon, things hurt. And after the Un-Marathon that was Little Rock this year, things definitely hurt. But after a week of shorter recovery runs I thought would shake it out and get me […]
In the friendly, neighborly South, introductions usually include a “Where’re y’all from?” And like most Army kids, that part is usually followed by a slight hesitation from me and a “well…”. I sense I’ll have that same hesitation when talking about marathons from now on. “How many marathons?” Well… It looked like a marathon. It […]
You know those parents who hold off on naming a new baby until they meet him in the hospital? Typically, they have a few favorite names in mind, but they just need to see that little face to determine whether he’s a Jack or a Henry. That’s how I felt about 2014 and my goals […]
- Baby Blue Eyes Crying in the Rain | Our Country Music Summer September 14, 2014
- The Boys of Fall September 13, 2014
- He was here September 9, 2014
- Silver Dollar City | A Weekend Adventure September 8, 2014
- First Tailgate of the Season September 7, 2014
- 6 things you didn’t know about my favorite 6 year old June 18, 2014
- Glacier, Part 1 | Bridges, bears, & backcountry August 1, 2014
- FIRST Day August 18, 2014
- Take Me to the River June 22, 2014
- Glacier, Part 2 | This Moose be the Place August 3, 2014
- Darin: Currently it seems like Movable Type iis the top b...
- seo content writing: For unless you are making a decision about product...
- what is literature: Analyse their website: Assessing the website shoul...
- http://gpn.cc/index.php/triggers/521701: Many tvs, air-conditioners, slide out suites are a...
- Mother Hood: Exactly! It goes in "the file" :)...