This year, I resolved to “revive my life list” and tackle one adventure each month of 2013. Here we are on January 31st and I’ll bet you thought I’d already forgotten. Or just slacked. #14 | Take a Hot Yoga class There’s no big, profound reason for Hot Yoga appearing on the list, I had [...]
Archive | January, 2013
I showed up Saturday morning for our long run. I got out of the car and immediately warned Jennifer, “I don’t wanna be here.” Attitude is everything, right? I’d spent most of the week enduring the stomach funk that’s been “going around” so I hadn’t been eating the right things or sleeping well. And it [...]
My Uncle Jerry spent Christmas with us this year. He lives in South Dakota so it probably didn’t take much convincing to get him on a plane headed for San Antonio — like flying south for the winter. Jerry is my mom’s older brother – well, one of them – and it was great to [...]
I own a rolling pin. It’s wooden and simple, with red handles to match my kitchen because everyone knows matching is a critical element when choosing utensils and appliances. I don’t specifically remember, but I’m fairly certain I stood in the rolling pin aisle and disregarded everything from brand name to price tag when I [...]
This week I read that someone actually calculated the statistically most depressing day of the year. Blue Monday, they call it. The perfect storm of holiday letdown (and the arrival of credit card bills), dreary weather, and resolutions already broken — motivation is at an all-time low. Brace yourselves, this year it falls on January [...]
- Happy Birthday, Buddy. June 18, 2013
- Chillin’ & Grillin’ June 11, 2013
- Triathlon Wisdom June 10, 2013
- Storytellin’ Mamas June 6, 2013
- More Love June 5, 2013
- Half-a-palooza: Part 2 of 3 April 18, 2013
- Half-a-palooza: Part 3 of 3 April 25, 2013
- Finding my voice March 18, 2013
- I still run April 2, 2013
- Little Rock and Roll March 7, 2012
- Mother Hood: I love me some Dixie Chicks. And that album is my ...
- Mother Hood: Lap swimming at Wilson Park??...
- Amanda C.: I think we should start swimming at lunchtime at W...
- Mother Hood: Me too, Rhonda. I kinda won't shut up about it....
- Mother Hood: I almost wasn't expecting that! But I am so glad ...