It was the perfect storm. My birthday expectation this year was the same as every year — Jeff and I would go eat somewhere we like to celebrate our birthdays, which are a week apart. We never make a big deal out of either of our birthdays, and we hadn’t made any plans — so [...]
Archive | October, 2012
You won’t believe this, but I’ve had a post titled “30″ in draft since August. I remember, as my birthday was approaching this year, that I needed to start gathering my thoughts. I just dug out the post, hoping it would provide a place to start as I am otherwise a bit scattered. It was [...]
This is the final post from our week with my parents, and I can’t believe it’s taken me this long to post it! I hope it is worth the wait. The density of pumpkin patches in Northwest Arkansas continues to impress me year after year. I swear there are more every fall. So when we [...]
I’m a sucker for a Fayetteville race. And I’m an even bigger sucker for the Fayetteville fall weather. So registering for the Chile Pepper 10K was an easy decision. I’ve known for months I wanted to run a race that weekend — and I originally had a half marathon in mind. But… the summer turned [...]
Charlie Brown’s got nothin’ on this kid. Football Practice from Sarah Hood on Vimeo. CLICK HERE if you don’t see a video. He is a stickler for accuracy when it comes to his uniforms. The gloves (and helmet and pants and jersey) were all his idea. “Just like the real football players.”
- Happy Birthday, Buddy. June 18, 2013
- Chillin’ & Grillin’ June 11, 2013
- Triathlon Wisdom June 10, 2013
- Storytellin’ Mamas June 6, 2013
- More Love June 5, 2013
- Half-a-palooza: Part 2 of 3 April 18, 2013
- Half-a-palooza: Part 3 of 3 April 25, 2013
- Finding my voice March 18, 2013
- I still run April 2, 2013
- Little Rock and Roll March 7, 2012
- Amanda C.: There is absolutely no watching that without cryin...
- Mother Hood: I love me some Dixie Chicks. And that album is my ...
- Mother Hood: Lap swimming at Wilson Park??...
- Amanda C.: I think we should start swimming at lunchtime at W...
- Mother Hood: Me too, Rhonda. I kinda won't shut up about it....