If you haven’t read Part 1, start HERE. When we left off, Jeff and I (and Dave, Cathy, and Jerry) had just drifted off to sleep at Phantom Ranch in the bottom of Grand Canyon. | DAY 3 | The next morning we awoke to the sound of Bright Angel Creek, and were delighted to [...]
Archive | September, 2012
After a fantastic experience the summer before and a ringing endorsement from our friend Henry, our Summer 2012 trip was an easy decision. We made plans to hike Grand Canyon rim-to-rim with Four Season Guides. After meeting Pop and Ninny in Little Rock to deliver The Boy for a week of Grandparent Summer Camp, we [...]
We’re home! We made it to the bottom of Grand Canyon AND BACK – and we have over FOUR HUNDRED photos to show for it. I will be spending the next several days sorting through them and trying my best to capture such an incredible trip in words for y’all. Seriously. 400. And video. In [...]
When we took our first hiking trip together two years ago, I don’t think we had any idea how much we would really, truly enjoy it. We did it again last year and it’s now officially a thing. An annual break from the rat race. Not a physically relaxing break, necessarily, but a much-needed brain [...]
It’s no secret that we’ve had a crazy hot summer. Record-breaking. Crazy. Hot. And I honestly thought we were over it. It’s September! Summer is “over”! Not so much. Last year, we were all wearing jackets before the race — it was cold! NOT a problem this year. It was supposed to be in the [...]
- Giveaway WINNER! + Favorites-from-the-Archives Friday May 17, 2013
- The sights and sounds of Mother’s Day May 16, 2013
- GIVEAWAY: Listen to Your Mother tickets! May 13, 2013
- An oldie but a goodie May 10, 2013
- Hold your horses, Tooth Fairy. May 8, 2013
- Half-a-palooza: Part 2 of 3 April 18, 2013
- Half-a-palooza: Part 3 of 3 April 25, 2013
- I still run April 2, 2013
- Finding my voice March 18, 2013
- Little Rock and Roll March 7, 2012
- %anchor_text%: This paragraph offers clear idea in favor of the n...
- Autumn Parker: I am so excited! Thanks, Sarah. I'm so looking ...
- Amanda C.: Sine I've only followed your blog for a little wh...
- Baby Wireless Video Monitor: Hello friends, its enormous paragraph on the topic...
- http://www.yoursite.com/: Hmm it looks like your site ate my first comment ...