Boy are we ever in the "mimic and imitation stage". Lately, it's gotten serious. He has always enjoyed watching Jeff mow the yard, but since the arrival of the new mower a few months ago — he's been able to step it up a notch. Last night, he started out supervising from the back deck. [...]
Archive | July, 2010
We have a love-hate relationship with the rules at daycare. Jeff and I are both, generally, rule-followers. And we chose our daycare after careful consideration of the facilities, the atmosphere, and the policies. So we knew going in. We knew about the inclement weather policy and the biting policy and the rules about fever and [...]
When did life get so complicated? At what point did it start being about decisions and money and responsibility? I hope I didn't set that up as if I'm about to provide some answers. I wish. It's true what they say. Parenting is hard. Harder than it looks. And you find yourself having an inner [...]
I honestly don't know what it is that allows me to believe it's possible to go away for a week with five other adults and one energetic two year old and do any relaxing. But relaxing is boring, right? AND, at the last minute, we had three more join our crew! My Mom's youngest brother Jan and his two kiddos – Elliot and Jessica – drove down from Sioux Falls to hang out for the week. And, as evidenced by the 1,121 photos I took, we had A BALL. (That number is actually NOT an exaggeration. I got a little shutter-happy.)
I'll spare you (and your computers) the heartache and TRY to post only my favorites — but it's still a lot, so click below if you have the stomach for it.
While it wasn?t necessarily our intention to hit opposite ends of the spectrum during our trip to California, I think we did it with flying colors. After waking up Sunday morning in a tent at 11,300 feet and spending the first half of the day descending the tallest mountain in the lower 48 states — [...]
- Happy Birthday, Buddy. June 18, 2013
- Chillin’ & Grillin’ June 11, 2013
- Triathlon Wisdom June 10, 2013
- Storytellin’ Mamas June 6, 2013
- More Love June 5, 2013
- Half-a-palooza: Part 2 of 3 April 18, 2013
- Half-a-palooza: Part 3 of 3 April 25, 2013
- Finding my voice March 18, 2013
- I still run April 2, 2013
- Little Rock and Roll March 7, 2012
- Mother Hood: I love me some Dixie Chicks. And that album is my ...
- Mother Hood: Lap swimming at Wilson Park??...
- Amanda C.: I think we should start swimming at lunchtime at W...
- Mother Hood: Me too, Rhonda. I kinda won't shut up about it....
- Mother Hood: I almost wasn't expecting that! But I am so glad ...