I know. It's cheesy and cliche. But that doesn't make it untrue. a time to be born, and a time to die. We are leaving today to head into the icy tundra that is Northwest Arkansas. We've spent the week in Huron, South Dakota visiting family and friends, and honoring and remembering my Grandma Martin. [...]
Archive | January, 2010
We (Mom, Dad, Becky and I) arrived in Huron, South Dakota a few hours ago and will be here all week to visit family and attend memorial services in honor of my Grandma who passed away Friday night. Be thinking about the Martins this week as we are together from all over the world to celebrate the [...]
It's hard not to think about what's going on in Haiti. It's everywhere. And it's heartbreaking. But when I saw the headline at CNN.com today, I stopped. Is it ethical to vacation in Haiti now? Is it "ethical" to vacation there? I somewhat reluctantly clicked on the link and read the story, to learn of [...]
I hereby declare that pint-sized Chuck Taylors are the 'little boy' cuteness counterpart of little girls' bloomers with ruffles on the butt.
Stoplights are standardized. To my knowledge, anywhere you go in this world – green means go and red means stop. You don't even have to be able to READ and you know that. So uncomplicated and efficient. But children's clothing? That's a free-for-all. I realize that not all babies are shaped the same and, much like women's clothing, every [...]
- Happy Birthday, Buddy. June 18, 2013
- Chillin’ & Grillin’ June 11, 2013
- Triathlon Wisdom June 10, 2013
- Storytellin’ Mamas June 6, 2013
- More Love June 5, 2013
- Half-a-palooza: Part 2 of 3 April 18, 2013
- Half-a-palooza: Part 3 of 3 April 25, 2013
- Finding my voice March 18, 2013
- I still run April 2, 2013
- Little Rock and Roll March 7, 2012
- Mother Hood: I love me some Dixie Chicks. And that album is my ...
- Mother Hood: Lap swimming at Wilson Park??...
- Amanda C.: I think we should start swimming at lunchtime at W...
- Mother Hood: Me too, Rhonda. I kinda won't shut up about it....
- Mother Hood: I almost wasn't expecting that! But I am so glad ...