(This is my first attempt at posting via my phone. We’ll see how it goes.) It’s Wednesday night. We’re in the car, driving to Tulsa, headed to Seattle in the morning to be with family. My cousin Sherlock Hirning passed away last night after a SCUBA diving accident on Sunday, and we are traveling to [...]
Archive | February, 2009
I know how to pick 'em! Feast your eyes on my "official" ballot. I filled this out at work on Friday — before I even finished my "Road to the Oscars Moviefest". I believe you can click on that image to see it full size. The starred items are my predictions and the yellow highlighted [...]
Granted, this year I have not kept up with the politics and drama that always accompany the Academy Awards– I've had, ahem, other priorities. And, regrettably, I haven't even seen as many of the precursor (and often prophetic) awards shows as I usually would have. Hell, I had to reassess my usual goal of seeing ALL of the [...]
So exciting! Just recently, I had told Jeff that I thought Colt might be one of those kids who walks before he crawls. He was easily rolling around everywhere but showed no inclination to crawl, and I had resigned myself to the idea that he might not EVER crawl. Wrongo! This weekend, just after I [...]
I had the best day. It started with breakfast with my friend Angela at Neal's Cafe in Springdale. Angela is sort of an expert at discovering "best kept secret" type places and this one does not disappoint. It is a greasy spoon famous for its fried chicken, but has EXCELLENT breakfast. Mom and Dad, we're [...]
- Back for more May 23, 2013
- ‘Tis the season for healthy stool May 22, 2013
- Giveaway WINNER! + Favorites-from-the-Archives Friday May 17, 2013
- The sights and sounds of Mother’s Day May 16, 2013
- GIVEAWAY: Listen to Your Mother tickets! May 13, 2013
- Half-a-palooza: Part 2 of 3 April 18, 2013
- Half-a-palooza: Part 3 of 3 April 25, 2013
- I still run April 2, 2013
- Finding my voice March 18, 2013
- Little Rock and Roll March 7, 2012
- Lori S: Don't feel too bad about the walking the plank. ...
- Becky: 0:45, the single greatest view anyone has ever wan...
- %anchor_text%: This paragraph offers clear idea in favor of the n...
- Autumn Parker: I am so excited! Thanks, Sarah. I'm so looking ...
- Amanda C.: Sine I've only followed your blog for a little wh...