We are alive and well! Some of you may have been watching weather reports of ice in Northwest Arkansas and Northeast Oklahoma — and we were right in the middle of what the news is calling, dunh dunh DUNH "ice storm 2009". So dramatic… Actually, they are calling this some of the worst weather of this kind [...]
Archive | January, 2009
Most of you are probably aware of Google's map feature. You can type any address into Google Maps and get directions, distances, whatever. I use it for everything – whether I want to know how far it is from Fayetteville, Arkansas to Sioux Falls, South Dakota or I need proof of a national cemetery in [...]
Another day has almost come and goneCan?t imagine what else could go wrongSometimes I?d like to hide away somewhere and lock the doorA single battle lost but not the war (?cause) ?Cause tomorrow?s another dayAnd I?m thirsty anywaySo bring on the rain It?s almost like the hard times circle ?roundA couple drops and they all [...]
After watching the first few episodes of the new TLC reality show about the Miss America pageant (DVR has ruined me.) I was so inspired by Miss Florida's hair that I decided to take the plunge. Her hair is longer than mine in most ways – so it will be a (hopefully not too) long and painful growing out process. But I'm [...]
At the risk of baby backlash*… Colt's new friend Lawson has arrived! Our friends Lauren and Wes welcomed Lawson Michael on Tuesday morning, 13 January, 7:51 a.m. Lawson weighed 8 pounds, 1 ounce and measured 23 inches long. Lawson's been here since Tuesday, and I was finally able to get to the hospital to see [...]
- Happy Birthday, Buddy. June 18, 2013
- Chillin’ & Grillin’ June 11, 2013
- Triathlon Wisdom June 10, 2013
- Storytellin’ Mamas June 6, 2013
- More Love June 5, 2013
- Half-a-palooza: Part 2 of 3 April 18, 2013
- Half-a-palooza: Part 3 of 3 April 25, 2013
- Finding my voice March 18, 2013
- I still run April 2, 2013
- Little Rock and Roll March 7, 2012
- Mother Hood: I love me some Dixie Chicks. And that album is my ...
- Mother Hood: Lap swimming at Wilson Park??...
- Amanda C.: I think we should start swimming at lunchtime at W...
- Mother Hood: Me too, Rhonda. I kinda won't shut up about it....
- Mother Hood: I almost wasn't expecting that! But I am so glad ...