The last 2 weeks has been a roller coaster. As most of you know by now, my brother Tom was killed 14 October while serving in Iraq. Like I told him in the last few minutes I saw his face this week — he may be 1LT Thomas M. Martin to a lot of people, [...]
Archive | October, 2007
Leaving first thing in the morning for a week with family and friends. Thank you all for your thoughts and prayers and for loving my brother like family. The notes and calls and love and thoughts that have been coming in from literally around the world truly reflect the impression Tom Martin had on the [...]
The topic of birthdays has recently come up – and I really never thought about it before. Do you know anyone with the same birthday as you? Same day? Same month? Lately, I’ve come to agree with the fact that it’s just really not that amazing that you happen upon someone with the same birthday [...]
Dupree: Incidentally, what’s your policy on Columbus Day? Interviewer: We work. Dupree: Really? The guy discovered the new world. I’m afraid to even ask about Victory Over Japan Day.
So I have a phone on my desk at work – as I’m sure most of you have – and there is a large light on the top that lights up when I have new voicemail. The light is red. This bothers me nearly every day. Almost every time I walk away from my desk [...]
- Giveaway WINNER! + Favorites-from-the-Archives Friday May 17, 2013
- The sights and sounds of Mother’s Day May 16, 2013
- GIVEAWAY: Listen to Your Mother tickets! May 13, 2013
- An oldie but a goodie May 10, 2013
- Hold your horses, Tooth Fairy. May 8, 2013
- Half-a-palooza: Part 2 of 3 April 18, 2013
- Half-a-palooza: Part 3 of 3 April 25, 2013
- Finding my voice March 18, 2013
- I still run April 2, 2013
- Little Rock and Roll March 7, 2012
- %anchor_text%: This paragraph offers clear idea in favor of the n...
- Autumn Parker: I am so excited! Thanks, Sarah. I'm so looking ...
- Amanda C.: Sine I've only followed your blog for a little wh...
- Baby Wireless Video Monitor: Hello friends, its enormous paragraph on the topic...
- http://www.yoursite.com/: Hmm it looks like your site ate my first comment ...