The answers to yesterday's quiz are as follows: 1. Correct Answer – A – teachers' "The school principal tended to spend more of her free time in the hallways with students than in the teachers' lounge with faculty members." If there were only one teacher in the school, then teacher's would be correct. Since the [...]
Archive | June, 2007
1 One of the front page articles on MSN.com this morning was Is It Wrong to Correct Someone's Grammar? . In the spirit of grammar, I challenge you to a Monday morning quiz. Post your answers in a comment. If anyone gets them all correct (without cheating), I'll see what I [...]
So first a little background. The company I work for (Saatchi & Saatchi X) supports a charity called Thompson Murray Children's Foundation (TMCF). There are various fundraisers throughout the year – large and small. Each month a different department coordinates a fundraiser that involves the entire agency. The month of January was the Creative Department. The [...]
So I haven’t had any Diet Coke since Sunday. I’ve been jazzercising and walking and my pants still aren’t fitting as well as I’d like – so Jeff suggested I shock my system with something unexpected. We came up with ‘no soda’ and so far so good. I haven’t had the headaches I thought I would – but I [...]
So I attended some research in Dallas last week for work. We flew in Wednesday night in time for supper and margaritas, and crashed for the night. Thursday was an ENTIRE day of focus groups – in 2 hour increments. Each group was a different “Stage of Mom”. For example, the first group was all [...]
- Happy Birthday, Buddy. June 18, 2013
- Chillin’ & Grillin’ June 11, 2013
- Triathlon Wisdom June 10, 2013
- Storytellin’ Mamas June 6, 2013
- More Love June 5, 2013
- Half-a-palooza: Part 2 of 3 April 18, 2013
- Half-a-palooza: Part 3 of 3 April 25, 2013
- Finding my voice March 18, 2013
- I still run April 2, 2013
- Little Rock and Roll March 7, 2012
- Mother Hood: Amanda! Me too! Your family has been so special to...
- Amanda C.: There is absolutely no watching that without cryin...
- Mother Hood: I love me some Dixie Chicks. And that album is my ...
- Mother Hood: Lap swimming at Wilson Park??...
- Amanda C.: I think we should start swimming at lunchtime at W...