Monday March 26, 2007

So I had the best Fun Friday activity EVER and no one was around because of Spring Break! Which is probably for the best considering what I posted was probably illegal and against at least one confidentiality agreement… Anyway, it’s gone now — so if you missed it I apologize.

My latest irritation — and it’s a small one. These commercials that start out describing this luscious meal of salmon in a “delicate sauce” served with greens and yada yada. And then they carry the plate out of the kitchen and give it to a cat! It grosses me out. They get a shot of the cat chomping on the food with it’s big fat face and they’re careful to get the sound just right so you feel like you’re right there… sharing your delicate salmon with a big white cat. It’s a total turn-off. ”Restaurant Inspired Food for Cats.” Phooey.

Just had to get that out.

17 Responses to Monday March 26, 2007

1. ChiquitaQ March 26, 2007 at 12:27 pm #

I still haven’t received my prize money…

2. TommyM1080 March 26, 2007 at 4:14 pm #

I find it amusing every time I see a Fancy Feast commercial with the fat persian Fudge lookalike cat sitting there and a waterford crystal tray is set in front of it and then some butler dude dings it with a silver fork.

I like Mom and Dad’s old approach with the food on the laundry dryer.  If the cat gets too fat to jump up there and get it, he just goes on a diet for awhile until he can.  Worked for… what, like 6 years or something?

Ha, good old Fudge…

3. LogDog2020 March 26, 2007 at 9:41 pm #

We all know what juicy canned pet food will do now; Straight to pet cemetery.

4. Beckola March 26, 2007 at 10:00 pm #

I’m not one to talk. Last week I ran out of cat food so I kept feeding her canned chicken breast….it’s all I could find!!

5. LogDog2020 March 29, 2007 at 9:35 am #

I need the Top 10 List of things you do not say in an interview…Stat!

6. aycenthehole March 29, 2007 at 3:14 pm #

Why did you leave your last job?   I GOT FIRED FOR DRINKING ON THE JOB…!!!

7. aycenthehole March 29, 2007 at 3:20 pm #

“I’m only interviewing with you so I can keep drawing my unemployment.”

8. aycenthehole March 29, 2007 at 3:24 pm #

How large was the department you last worked in?  “Three stories.”

9. aycenthehole March 29, 2007 at 3:26 pm #

“I am very bad about time and don’t mind admitting it. Having to arrive at a certain hour doesn’t make sense to me. What does make sense is that I do the job. Any company that insists upon rigid time schedules will find me a nightmare.”

10. aycenthehole March 29, 2007 at 3:27 pm #

“I believe in what studies have shown – that nap times each day increase employee productivity. I wish to work for a company that provides for this.”

11. aycenthehole March 29, 2007 at 3:29 pm #

“Although I am seeking a technology job, the fact that I have no actual experience in technology may seem discouraging.”

12. aycenthehole March 29, 2007 at 3:30 pm #

“Any interruption in employment is due to being unemployed.”

13. aycenthehole March 29, 2007 at 3:31 pm #

“I procrastinate – especially when the task is unpleasant.”

14. aycenthehole March 29, 2007 at 3:32 pm #

“Set up entire offices including furniture, lighting, computers, filing cabinets and office procedures. Also have a flair for floral arrangements and catering.”

(He shops at the “Softer Side of Sears”

15. aycenthehole March 29, 2007 at 3:34 pm #

And the Number 1 thing you DON’T say in an interview:

”My manager dismissed and blackballed me in the industry.”

16. LogDog2020 March 30, 2007 at 5:13 pm #

Is “The Softer Side of Sears” the one that “Panders to Queers”? Keith, I think I have used 20% of those answers. When I was much younger and certainly cared much less about keeping professional veneers intact, an interviewer went through the entire interview with me and agreed to hire me at the end of it; then he hit me, in his HR candor, with this curveball: “Okay, just come in on Monday, and we will fill out some paperwork and get you a drug test.” I politely said, “I’m sorry. I wasn’t aware that this was a drug-free workplace. I use drugs. Thank you very much for the opportunity.” and walked straight on out like he was the fool. Wasn’t I a strange kid?

17. aycenthehole March 31, 2007 at 12:04 am #

The difference between you and the candidates I put to work is, you were honest and told the dumb ass up front; my candidates don’t tell me until after they’ve taken it and failed….”Oh, I didn’t know marijuana was an illegal drug..!!”  REALLY???????