Tuesday February 27, 2007

Question: During an apparent lull in my office today, one of my coworkers sent me this link. Milkgallon.com

This inevitably started a dialogue about whether or not it is possible to drink a gallon of milk in an hour. The guys were sharing puking stories and the girls were all squirming around.

I think I could do it. A gallon of milk over the course of an hour. Not chugging it all at once, just periodically throughout the hour. That doesn’t sound that hard.

So everyone laughed when I announced that I think I could do this. They started showing me milk-puking pictures on the website and telling me about so-and-so who thought he could do it, yada yada. But as some of you may know, I have a seriously whacked digestive system.

Things I can (and do) eat – that make me think I could totally embarrass all these boys that are afraid to drink the milk: (just so you know, I didn’t share these with the boys at work today)

• I regularly order a large popcorn (with extra butter) at the movie theater and eat it by myself. And I usually get the refill and eat that too.
  • I can eat an entire plate of Outback layered cheese fries for dinner when so inclined – complete with bacon, Ranch dressing, extra Ranch dressing and a Wallaby Darn.
  • My favorite thing about flying through DFW is the Haagen Dazs in Terminal C. They sell something called a Rocky Road Dazzler (which, not surprisingly, has made the blog before!). It is several heaping scoops of Rocky Road ice cream in a tall cup, layered with hot fudge sauce and Oreo cookie pieces, and topped with whipped cream and chocolate cookie pieces. It is heaven. And again, I don’t need help with this.
  • It is not out of the question for me to eat two Sonic Frito Burritos in one day – one for lunch and one for supper.
  • I have literally never tasted anything I would consider “too rich”. The sweeter, richer, chocolatey-er, peanut buttery-er the better. Seriously.

So, I’d like your thoughts. Do you support my attempt at the Gallon of Milk Challenge?

9 Responses to Tuesday February 27, 2007

1. aycenthehole February 27, 2007 at 5:24 pm #

I TOTALLY support and demand a front row seat when you attempt this “impossible” feat.  You can’t do it…I’M DARING YOU TO DO IT…!!!  I haven’t seen anyone puke up their socks in a LONG time….except for the last time Don got too drunk…

2. sarahmcow February 27, 2007 at 5:27 pm #

Spite is one of my biggest motivators.

3. ChiquitaQ February 27, 2007 at 6:56 pm #

I’ve actually witnessed one of these contests before, and saw many able-bodied boys fail miserably.  I don’t recommend it.

4. iflash February 27, 2007 at 7:32 pm #

I’m in.  If you can eat all that other stuff, I’m curious if the milk even stands a chance.  And if you aren’t able to drink it (but you will) it will be nice to put a face to the urban legend.

5. icequeen097 February 27, 2007 at 10:06 pm #

Yes, I’d love to see you puke all over the place. Laura, you might want to verify this with some of your cohorts in the medical community, but there’s some rumor that the human body is incapable of digesting that much dairy in such a short time span. Something about stomach acid and the milk curdling before you can digest it…I don’t know.

I know it’s possible. (Check this out.) You should try! I’ll even buy you the gallon of milk.

6. amaries February 28, 2007 at 9:15 am #

just make sure you are allowed to use the bathroom.  i was traumatized by the “hold your wee for a wii” story.

7. JMC9872 February 28, 2007 at 10:06 am #

Oh my!!! I so want to see this!

I am thinking we need to have a contest day! Jeff thinks he can eat more cheese than me…I dont think he can…He has also challenged KB to a foot race…I think we should try all of these … and of course top the day off with drinks!

You in???  `jc

8. LogDog2020 February 28, 2007 at 11:19 am #

I challenge anyone to eat 50 hard-boiled eggs in 1 hr. I am definitely down for JC’s contest day. I don’t think any other plans that I could have made would trump drinking booze and watching Contest Day. I know GK agrees with me. Let’s put some money on these, eh?

9. TommyM1080 February 28, 2007 at 12:08 pm #

Having actually tried this before I can tell you it’s not as easy as it looks.  You know from growing up together that I also can eat anything and in any quantity I like and, that being said, I still wouldn’t try the gallon challenge again.  All that aside you should go for it.  Life’s all about stories and if nothing else you’ll have another amazing drinking story to share with your kids someday.  As for LogDog, hat’s off to you, my friend.  I thought I was one of the only people in this world who truly appreciate the movie Cool Hand Luke, but I stand corrected.