Side Bar: Apparently it’s not PC to say “Indian-Style” when referencing sitting cross-legged on the floor. Have you heard of this? I was in a meeting today in one of our conference rooms that has beanbags and couches and whatnot instead of tables and chairs, some people were sitting on the floor– and somebody used the [...]
Archive | January, 2007
I know I’ve had a string of pseudo-inspirational posts lately — but I came across the following and thought it was too good not to share. My favorite is #8. Thoughts? Bill Gates recently gave a speech at a High School about 11 things they did not and will not learn in school. He talks [...]
I heard on the radio this morning on the way to work – Charlie Cate died. Some of you may remember him from past posts. He was a nice old man I used to wait on at Cool Water and Outback. The radio called him a “Pioneer Wal-Mart Manager”. I can’t seem to find anything [...]
Today I had a rare opportunity to be present in a Wal-Mart only managers meeting to hear Lee Scott share some of his comments on “what he has learned.” In fireside chat fashion, Lee shared key lessons learned over his travels that he felt were the most important points he could make to managers in [...]
I am never eating out again. Think of your favorite restaurant. You know – where you go when it’s your birthday and you get to pick. Think of what you order. Appetizer? Entree? Dessert? Then click here and ruin your day.
- Chillin’ & Grillin’ June 11, 2013
- Triathlon Wisdom June 10, 2013
- Storytellin’ Mamas June 6, 2013
- More Love June 5, 2013
- Memorial Day Weekend! Monday | Kites + Kickin’ It June 2, 2013
- Half-a-palooza: Part 2 of 3 April 18, 2013
- Half-a-palooza: Part 3 of 3 April 25, 2013
- I still run April 2, 2013
- Finding my voice March 18, 2013
- Little Rock and Roll March 7, 2012
- Mother Hood: I love me some Dixie Chicks. And that album is my ...
- Mother Hood: Lap swimming at Wilson Park??...
- Amanda C.: I think we should start swimming at lunchtime at W...
- Mother Hood: Me too, Rhonda. I kinda won't shut up about it....
- Mother Hood: I almost wasn't expecting that! But I am so glad ...